Blog is like a setup booth in the biggest trade show on earth everyday. Marketing possibilities are just around the corner waiting to strike your sale scales up.
The Really Simple Syndication (RSS) feeds are important too in conjunction with your blogs to get the best benefits. Use effective keyword phrases to generate high ranking status in the search engine traffic. In this way you have better chances of people finding your website leading to your blogs. More traffic means more potential sales.
For this to be successful, you can use RSS for news update feeds which can be read through RSS reader application. This is a very useful tool for business and internet marketers as well.
If you are already convinced with the potentials of business blogs for marketing and targeting sales increase, your company is now ready to start blogging. But first, you have to be in tune with your company’s business objectives and determine if blogging will really help you achieve your goal.
- Several blogs are dedicated to teaching people the do’s and don’ts of blogging, READ them! Include in your reading materials blogs that are consumer-based too to give you an idea.
- Setup several test blogs right away.
If your initial try out with blogs worked well, you can now start setting up your blogs.
- Study blog design. Blog hosting services provide pre-designed templates. But if you opt for paid blog service, you can ask your artist to design and layout your blog site to match the company’s identity and needs.
- Choose a topic. Its good to have a line-up of topics you want for your blogs but be sure they are in consonance with your business objectives. This would be a test of your flexibility and open-mindedness since results may be going against the set objectives.
- Remember the following safety measures in blogging:
- legal issues are sometimes involved in blogging; it is safer to include disclaimers and limitations of liabilities;
- corporate communication and legal department are responsible in educating the senior management on how blogs might affect business;
- create blogging policies; set limits on who gets to blog and what information are allowed to be made public;
- avoid outright marketing blog or you will shy away your readers;
- make content updated, relevant and fresh;
- reinforce the company’s core values; and,
- encourage employees to use it.
- Start blogging and complete 20 posts before going to marketing.
- Begin marketing.
- Regularly monitor the coming ins and outs of readers and get updates. Then, measure your results.
- Adjust if needed. You can always play with your designs in the blog site as long as it remains to match the company’s identity.
- Strive to be consistent with your topic all the time.
- Try to have unrelated topics with general and broad appeal.
- Schedule updates regularly depending on the number of blogs you have. Aim for 3 posts a week but at least once a week if you are pressed for time. Monday, Wednesday and Thursday would be best days to update blogs.
Once you have done all these things, you can now ultimately enjoy the benefits of business blogging.