by Mike Davis
I want to give testimony to the Lord’s goodness and mercy to me in the marketplace. Most of us are thrust into the realm of business. In keeping with God’s plan for our lives, we find something we can do well, and in doing so, we are able to fund the vision God has places in a pastor or missionary’s heart.
Along the way, I have gathered some wealth-creating lessons:
- Find out what you are good at, something you enjoy that finds God’s favour and anointing. Always analyse your last job or project, noting what you enjoyed and did well and what you did not. Ask your mother what you dreamed of doing as a child. Ask God to show you what you are passionate about.
- Be bold as the apostles were bold in the New Testament. We need boldness more than anything to share our faith and seize our appointed portion (Ecclesiastes 5:18).
- Look for opportunities to exchange your time and talent or money into “founder’s share” in new ventures. Don’t quit your day job – simply invest into risky new start-ups.
- Serve – sow – and steward the business, positional, and financial results of your efforts. Learn how to invest your time and give of the money God flows through you.
- Be loyal, honest and diligent. Develop a reputation for character, reliability and responsibility. Don’t succumb to the temptation to take shortcuts.
- Constantly invest and reinvest in your pastor, church, missionaries, apostles, prophets, teachers, evangelists and other vital ministries. Invest in the growth of the kingdom of God.
- Constantly be on the lookout for valuable intellectual properties that are available e.g. patents and copyrights, trademarks, proprietary formulas, and processes may be your portion and reward for prior giving (proverbs 8:12). File inexpensive provisional patents and license them to big companies for significant royalties. Copyright books, manuscripts, music, poetry, screenplay, ideas for movies and other things you develop as resources to be used in establishing God’s covenant in the earth.
- Always be willing to follow leading of the Holy Spirit. Read your Bible before your newspaper. Seek Him before watching television. Hear His voice before checking your emails. Let Him guide you to your first million.
- Be open to Gods wealth in every form. Think able the potential wealth in the atmosphere and the air we breathe. There are still tremendous undiscovered resources still buried in the ground, and unfathomed riches in and below the oceans of the world.
- Learn everything you can about public companies and going public. You will be surprised and richly rewarded for your efforts. This is part of your portion. Give generously of this stock to ministries that are quickened in spirit.
- If you are a dormant entrepreneur, wake up and get started If you are already going, increase your faith and giving level. Let God increase your vision, purpose, and intensity.
- If you are not an entrepreneur, that’s all right. You can still make millions by assisting those who are. Help a gifted, trustworthy entrepreneur in exchange for founder’s stock. If they are front office, you be the back office. If they market and promote, you financial and administrative.
Get involved! Learn to invest money in God’s kingdom and reap both monetary and spiritual rewards. Go for your God-given dreams and learn to enjoy life’s journey!